At DreamYard, art is action. Our programs combine Standards-based arts instruction with social justice pedagogy principles to inspire students to develop character, scholarship and artistic voice to create change. Our core values of Empower, Create and Connect describe our commitment to teaching for equity, justice and hope. We strive to support students' academic and artistic needs while working toward becoming an anti-racist society.
Bronx-based and Spanish-speaking applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. DreamYard Project employs without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, or any other attribute not related to superior performance; we welcome and encourage applications from a diverse range of individuals.
As positions become available, they will be posted below. If you would like to join our team as a Teaching Artist, please send a resume and cover letter providing more information on your academic, artistic and professional experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of your email, please include your arts discipline (Eg. Subject: Theater Teaching Artist Resume and Cover Letter). DreamYard accepts teaching artist applications on a rolling basis, though typically reviews submissions in June of each year. Qualified applicants will be asked to complete an application for the position and interview with the Program Directors.
The Development Associate, Digital Fundraising and Database Management will work closely with the Director of Individual and Corporate Relations to build a robust online giving and engagement program, and maximize the effectiveness of the donor database through data management, analysis, and reporting.
Strategic Development & Fundraising:
· Manages relationship tracking tools, including the tracking of data, Raisers Edge syncing and the development of sophisticated segmentation strategies to leverage DreamYard’s digital audiences.
· Works with colleagues to design and implement online strategies for donor growth.
· Reviews email and social media data, implementing test plans and analysis of online engagement to make strategy recommendations for web, email and social media campaigns.
· Creates and manages digital fundraising campaigns and content calendar, including monthly donor recruitment, peer-to-peer fundraising, renewals and low to middle donor upgrade campaigns.
· Crafts compelling messages for digital campaigns using Constant Contact and Raiser’s Edge software, and tweets/posts on social media networks..
● Manages relationship tracking tools, including the tracking of data, Raisers Edge syncing
and the development of sophisticated segmentation strategies with DreamYard’s digital audiences.
RAISER’S EDGE DATABASE MANAGER
DATA MANAGEMENT AND ANALYSIS Data Management and Analysis:
· Ensuress accurate data collection and data integrity through regular data checks and review of donor records and fields
· Works directly with the Development Team to capture, maintain and extract detailed reports and data in a timely manner regarding DreamYard’s donors and events through Raiser’s Edge
· Enters gifts into database and fFiles gift entry paperwork according to DreamYard’s policy
· Implements the gift acknowledgement process in a timely basis with the highest level of accuracy (Includes preparation and mailing of letters, securing proper signatures, photocopying, and filing)
· The identification, removal, resolution and integration of conflicting or duplicate records
· Maintenance and correction of all demographic and personal data
· Proactively engagess in Blackbaud University training and bringss best practices and innovations regarding DreamYard’s donor database to the benefit of the team and meetting fundraising goals
· Manages all online contributions and ensure transition into the donor database
· Coordinates month- end reconciliation with the Finance Department
· Ability to use batch processing
· Generatess weekly and monthly donor reports as requested by Development and Executive Teams
· Maintainss DreamYard’s Donor Database Manual
Provide data support for major gift and planned gift efforts as requested
· Assists Development team in large-scale tasks related to the Annual Benefit, including mailings and day-of on-site event assistance.
· Provide feedback on proposals when needed
· Follow up regarding pledges and declined donations as needed
· Participate in Development meetings and discussions regarding all of DreamYard’s revenue streams
· Track record of establishing digital fundraising strategies on annual and campaign timelines.
· Demonstrated experience in strategic online communications.
· Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle simultaneous assignments and work in a team setting.
· 2+3 years professional fundraising experience.
· Detailed knowledge of all Raiser’s Edge functions including: query, import, export, reporting, batch processing and mail featuresWorking knowledge of HTML, and Raiser’s Edge.
· Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
· Strong commitment to DreamYard’s mission, purpose and values.
· Work with urgency while maintaining a sense of humor and cool demeanor
· Trustworthiness with knowledge of confidential donor information
Preferred Skills Include:
Detailed knowledge of all Raiser’s Edge functions including: query, import, export, reporting and mail
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint specifically)Word, and database software applications and Google Drive
· Knowledge of Constant Contact, SquareSpace or similar platforms
· Experience using social media for an agency, business or non-profit
· Execution of work with a sense of urgency
· Accountability for work and a high level of professional and personal integrity
Trustworthiness with knowledge of confidential donor information
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Rachel Bogin at email@example.com with the subject line “Development Associate.” Only applicants with Raiser’s Edge experience will be considered. Applicants selected for an interview will be given a set of tasks to demonstrate skill level in Raiser’s Edge database as part of the interview process.